Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Continuation of consternation...

I've had some crazy changes lately. My husband and I moved from L.A. to Salt Lake City, which we love! Our apartment and Kitty are awesome! I've lost some weight, but I don't know how much.

I'm so sad that I still can't hit the pavement hard yet. My Achilles Tendon is still not healed, and my knee is still giving me problems. I miss running hard so bad. It feels amazing, but the pain from these problems is not worth it. 

Life is crazy, which makes me miss my outlet even more. I will definitely be back, but the Physical Therapist said I need to stretch and heal for another month. It feels like so long....  This just goes to show. Listen to your body! It's better to go slow and steady or stop for awhile to heal than have an injury and injure yourself further out of stupidity. Well, I just wanted to give an update. I haven't abandoned my dream; I saw a cool running store close to my house that I'm excited to go see. 

To still feel inspired, I read these awesome quotes I love:

"To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality." - Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham, running writer and speaker 

"Dwell on the positive, but have controlled, passionate anger." - Pat Tyson, running coach 

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

"Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble." - Irish Olympian John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 84 

"To know you are one with what you are doing, to know that you are a complete athlete, begins with believing you are a runner." - George Sheehan 

"Any idiot can train himself into the ground; the trick is working in training to get gradually stronger." - Keith Brantly, U.S. Olympic Marathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment