Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lazy Days


I put my running, yoga and blogging on hold for the last 2 weeks to recover from an injury. Shortly after I began running on a regular basis, I started to notice my knee and ankle aching. It was getting progressively worse with longer periods of pain; so, I decided to take a short break in order to let it heal. I also invested in a knee brace and ankle brace for when I run. I think this is happening because my tendons and ligaments are not strong enough to support my weight when I run since I gained it all so fast. They have not had the chance to build  up.

It was very frustrating to have to stop so soon after starting; however, I feel that it was the right thing to do. My knee is slowly improving; so, I will start my regular 5K and Yoga regimen again tomorrow. I will also post my weight and food guidelines as well.  
 I went to the beach with Will last Friday and it was wonderful! Very overcast, but gorgeous anyway. I was inspired because I saw so many runners on the beach. I can't wait to be at that point when my relationship with running is a happy one, when every step doesn't hurt and ache. Well, I'm sure this is the first of many hurtles. Yay for endurance!



These are pictures I took at the Beach. If you'd like to see more, you can go to my website @ http://lma-artisan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment